My name is Fiona McInerney and I am the Home School Community Liaison Officer in Scoil Chatríona Infants.
I want to welcome you and your child to our school and hope that you have many happy years here.
The H.S.C.L Scheme recognises parents as the primary educators of their children. In my role I support parents in assisting them in their role as parents and educators.
The HSCL teacher works with parents/guardians in a number of ways:
- Visiting parents/guardians in their homes
- Organising courses, talks or meetings for parents/guardians in the school or local community e.g. classes for parents such as fitness or gardening
- Actively involving parents/guardians in their children’s education e.g. through projects such as Math’s for Fun and Literacy for Fun
- Promoting closer partnership between teachers and parents
- Informing parents/guardians about support services available in the local community e.g. Triple P Parenting classes
- Working with relevant community agencies that play a role in the life of the child
- Fiona is available from 8.50am – 2.30pm each school day.
How to contact Fiona:
- Parents may phone Fiona at: 087 2712555
- Parents may email Fiona at: firstname.lastname@example.org